Introduction to the Infrared Camera
This is a one-day introduction to the infrared camera and its basic usage. It will provide the student with enough information in the operation of the camera, the building conditions needed to get an acceptable image, and how to identify a few of the various building failures. There will be a mix of classroom and hands-in lab modules.
Each student should bring his/her own infrared camera for the hands on portion of the class. (We do have a few IR cameras for those who may not have access to a camera).
Registration begins at 8:00 am and class starts at 8:30 am. Lunch is provided.
1) Basics of Thermography
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Cameras: types, operation and good imagery
2) Basic Building Science
- Simple heat transfer: conduction, convection, radiation
- Types of failure & common sites, air leakage, insulation failure, moisture issue
3) Thermal imagery: conditions for best results, be aware of these
- Image interpretation: air leakage, insulation failure, moisture issues
4) Reporting and Summary
Florida Solar Energy Center
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa , FL , 32922, United States Of America